Ballerinas in the Countryside, PART I

>> Thursday, March 25, 2010

Before I show you some more from the Ballerina Shoot...I would like to introduce you all to my sister, Annie. She is the newest creative member of the F&F team and was my right-hand gal on the shoot last weekend. This girl has insane talent and an eye for color, fashion & design that is out of this world! With experience at Anthropologie and Free People under her belt, she brought some serious creativity and style to this shoot!

The Ballerina Shoot in the countryside was beyond fabulous! The three girls, Michelle, Bianca & Brittany were gorgeous, wonderful to work with, and just plain awesome! Annie and I had a blast styling them from head to toe, they were great sports and totally into our vision. Gina, I mean, lets be honest here...her images are UNREAL. She totally captured the vibe of romantic and ethereal just beautifully. I still am in awe at how amazing her images turned out!
P.S. Can we please discuss how fantastic my new vintage bike looks in the image below? This is probably one of my favorite shots of the day...the composition, landscape, the bike, Bianca's look...SWOON!

Here is a look at one of the Mood Boards I created prior to the shoot. This one was particularly for texture, color and the actual fashion elements of the shoot. We were going for lots of soft textures: feathers, lace, tulle, etc. layered for depth...a muted color palette of romantic hues like purples, pinks, corals, peach, and grey. I also wanted to use Untamed Petals adornments as statement pieces that were oversized, whimsical and very Alice in Wonderland meets ballet.

Meet Brittany, Michelle & Bianca from the Ballet Theatre of San Luis Obispo:

These talented ladies will all be dancing in Coppélia on April 24-25 at the Performing Arts Center in San Luis Obispo. If you live on the Central Coast - this is a MUST-SEE!



The image above is probably one of my favorite scenes of the day. Annie and I had this idea of gypsy dancers...very bohemian...with an old trunk, lots of eclectic pillows, feathers and bird cages, vintage quilts...and somehow Bianca knew exactly how to work it sitting in this trunk! I just love the layers, colors, and the unexpected element of this look sitting on an old abandoned bridge.

MORE TO COME....check out Gina Maxine Photography for more images over the next several days and stay tuned for the same here on F&F!

Ballerinas in the Countryside Shoot Credits:
Art Direction, Hair + Makeup, Set Design & Styling by Frenchie & Flea
Photography by Gina Maxine Photography
Adornments & Accessories by Untamed Petals

16 comments:

ever ours March 25, 2010 at 10:23 AM  

love love this!! great to see pretty things from an inspirational board come to life! especially love untamed petals.

ashlina {the decorista} March 25, 2010 at 10:46 AM  

i am so impressed. what a beautiful shoot. the stylist is OUT OF CONTROL!!!! i adore your style.
xoxo

Mande March 25, 2010 at 11:03 AM  

Wow! Love your blog posts. What a fabulous shoot & the stylist is fantastic! I adore Miss Amanda and her amazing hair fascinators. They are addictive.

The Loveliest Day March 25, 2010 at 11:15 AM  

This shoot is amazing!!!!! I love it. I've been absolutely obsessed with gypsies lately & I totally get the gypsy dancer feel from the last photo. I can't wait to see more!

Wendy March 25, 2010 at 1:39 PM  

Amazing. No, Astounding!! Simply beautiful!

stephanie March 25, 2010 at 3:56 PM  

seriously, anthropologie & free people??? SO awesome!

Pilar March 25, 2010 at 7:28 PM  

beautiful! and i ADORE the new blog design :)

Anna @ IHOD March 26, 2010 at 12:11 AM  

Emily this is amazing. gorgeous shoot. and I am so happy you get to work with your sister! I am hiring mine this summer too! ha ha:) they are the best.

forget.me.knot.weddings March 26, 2010 at 10:27 AM  

beautiful shots! love it all and the romantic feel!

Giovanna March 26, 2010 at 1:27 PM  

Oh Wow I love these photos! I just came across your blog and LOVE it!
Have a nice weekend!
xxx
Giovanna
www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

Anonymous,  March 26, 2010 at 9:35 PM  

It was so nice working with you and your sister.. can't wait for the next shoot! :)

-Bianca Mettler

Emily Voigtlander March 27, 2010 at 7:57 AM  

Hi!
I just stumbled upon you and your husbands apartment re-do on apartment therapy! I loved it! And now I'm on your blog and equally impressed! Beautiful styling for the shoot and I love the crafty invites!
-Emily Voigtlander
emilyvoigtlander.com

postcards and pretties March 29, 2010 at 8:22 AM  

simply beautiful ....can't wait to see more.. i love it

A Casa da Vá March 29, 2010 at 11:20 PM  

So lovely... and that is what happens when a team of talented creative minds join forces!

^_^

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
COPYRIGHT INFO
All photos, products and designs on this blog are property of Frenchie & Flea {unless otherwise noted} and cannot be duplicated, manipulated, or sold for a profit. We do our very best to credit all vendors, photographers & sources we use. If you would like to feature images found here on your blog, please feel free to do so with a proper image credit to both Frenchie & Flea and the cited source {if applicable}. Thank you very much for stopping by! We hope you leave here inspired.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP