Baby Shower Project: Fabric Covered Kraft Letters

>> Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Another project I did for the shower was covering kraft letters in matching Amy Butler fabric to spell out Baby Zenna's name. I had these on the present table, and they looked SO CUTE! And of course, they were also a gift for Zenna (I love how a lot of the things I could make to decorate for the shower would end serving a double purpose and decorate Zenna's nursery).



Here's what I used for this project:


Kraft Letters from Paper Source (you can order these online in either capital letters or lowercase letters. Note that a lot of the letters - like the lowercase "e" - can't stand up on their own, so you may have to hang them with ribbon or attach them to a wall).



A fat quarter pack of fabric in coordinating colors/prints. I ordered an Amy Butler Midwest Modern pack from Small Grapes on Etsy and had plenty to do 5 lowercase letters.



And to finish the edges I used 1" Grosgrain Ribbon in chocolate from Paper Source. I only needed about 8 yards (2 yards per letter) and there are 10 yards per roll. But any 1" ribbon would work!



The nice thing about using the Kraft Letters is you can cover them in ANYTHING you'd like! Fabric is definitely time consuming and labor intensive...but you can also use paper, scraps (decoupage), embellishments, rubber stamps. ribbons, trims, etc. and create a custom work of art that fits any style or theme!

Here is a link to the HOW TO guide on Paper Source's website...there are videos showing you what to do, and also a list of tools you can use to create amazing Kraft Letters! And they have instructions for covering the letters in glitter, here, on their blog.


P.S. Make sure to check out the shower, featured on ohdeeoh today!!!!!

8 comments:

Anna @ IHOD March 10, 2010 at 9:48 AM  

this is the coolest. I am bookmarking this!!

Amie March 10, 2010 at 10:39 AM  

This looks great! Thanks for all the good ideas...it makes me excited to have a baby shower of my own! :)

Nicole-Lynn March 10, 2010 at 10:50 AM  

I love the way that turned out! So pretty! I might have to borrow this great idea for my wedding! Thank you and great job!

forget.me.knot.weddings March 10, 2010 at 10:50 AM  

This is a great idea! I love Amy B. I did a post on her work a while back!

Silvia C March 10, 2010 at 9:05 PM  

Oooh! What a fabulous idea!!!! Love them!

Unknown March 17, 2010 at 1:21 PM  

I love the fabric choices the letters are very well crafted. The results are amazing!
Business Process Outsourcing Business Process Outsourcing

Unknown March 17, 2010 at 1:23 PM  

Aw! This stunning! I love what you did to the fabrics and the prints and colors actually matched, very clever.
decorator fabrics

Anonymous,  May 31, 2010 at 11:21 AM  

very clever

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
COPYRIGHT INFO
All photos, products and designs on this blog are property of Frenchie & Flea {unless otherwise noted} and cannot be duplicated, manipulated, or sold for a profit. We do our very best to credit all vendors, photographers & sources we use. If you would like to feature images found here on your blog, please feel free to do so with a proper image credit to both Frenchie & Flea and the cited source {if applicable}. Thank you very much for stopping by! We hope you leave here inspired.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP