Christmas in NY

>> Wednesday, December 9, 2009

If you could spend Christmas anywhere, where would you spend it?

While I (Allegra) can't imagine NOT seeing my family (parents, siblings, cousins....) I do have a little dream of one day spending Christmas in New York.

I should tell you,
one of my favorite movies is Serendipity with John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale.
This movie sort of spurs the desire in me to go to New York for Christmas...as well as some of the itinerary I dream of.

I know the "proper" thing to do when you go to NY is to want to visit Time Square and The Statue of Liberty
however,

I want to drink Iced Hot Chocolate at Serendipity.
I want to ice skate at the Bryant Pond rink.
I want to stay at the Waldorf Astoria.
Those are the things that I want to do.

Who knows how I'd actually do.
I'm a small town girl with big city dreams.
I love cutting down our own Christmas tree, our stockings on the mantle, and horse carriage rides to see Christmas lights...
but maybe one day I could do this?!
Do you have a fun destination-Christmas wish?

PS. DON'T FORGET TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY!

{click photos to find their original creator}

10 comments:

Shep December 9, 2009 at 4:13 AM  

My dreams exactly! Serendipity is a fave of mine as well, and I'd much rather sit and gaze at the frozen hot chocolate than the frozen windows of the Empire State building... am I right, or am I right?

amyluna December 9, 2009 at 7:15 AM  

That sounds wonderful! I also want to drink a Iced Hot Chocolate, like now!

Cathi December 9, 2009 at 7:24 AM  

That is a fabulous idea and one that I would love to do at Christmas. I have been to NYC each summer for the past 2 years and we have stayed at the beautiful Waldorf Astoria and taken a nice walk to Serendipity to have the iced hot chocolate, strolled thru Central Park and it is wonderful. I have a definite love affair with that city - and would love to be there at Christmas! You truly won't be disappointed, it's a magical city! xxoo

Tracy ~Seeking Refinement~ December 9, 2009 at 9:36 AM  

YES - and would you be surprised if I said NYC, too? I'm sure you're not surprised. because we're MFEO.

I would be in NY - doing all those FABULOUS things you mentioned.

It's going to be a strange Christmas this year - especially not seeing you and not having Gaye's dinner. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. But, it makes me that much more excited for NEXT year!

PS Harry Conick Jr. is one of my all-time favorite Christmas caroler. GREAT christmas music!

xoxo

stephanie December 9, 2009 at 10:39 AM  

oh my, i would LOVE to go to NY at Christmas. it's SO magical...and if john cusack was there with me, that wouldn't be so bad either. lol! just kidding, i would go with my bfff

alli/hooray December 9, 2009 at 10:58 AM  

You read my mind! I've been watching all those fun movies - Serendipity, The Holiday, etc. with my girlfriends lately. NYC is at the top of my list for a Christmas getaway (if I could pull myself away from the comforts of home & family).

Simply Mel {Reverie} December 9, 2009 at 12:35 PM  

I have spent a Christmas in New York, and it was fabulous! But my ultimate holiday getaway would be Europe, the French Alps to be precise!

Miranda December 9, 2009 at 1:49 PM  

I loooove Serendipity. You are wise on so many levels :) I think you should GO!

HeatherClark December 9, 2009 at 4:54 PM  

I would love to do that too...I love serendipity I got a huge sundae when I was there though..

I have a dream to spend Christmas in a cute cottage in the English countryside in a cute town a la The Holiday

kabra* December 9, 2009 at 6:21 PM  

Ive done all of these things and every one of them was exactly how i'd imagined it would be. While we were ice skating there was a group of african orphans there and it was their first time even seeing ice!! crazy!!! And my husband and i got to hold their hands and help. I'd do CHRISTmas in NY again any year!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
COPYRIGHT INFO
All photos, products and designs on this blog are property of Frenchie & Flea {unless otherwise noted} and cannot be duplicated, manipulated, or sold for a profit. We do our very best to credit all vendors, photographers & sources we use. If you would like to feature images found here on your blog, please feel free to do so with a proper image credit to both Frenchie & Flea and the cited source {if applicable}. Thank you very much for stopping by! We hope you leave here inspired.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP