THANKSgiving

>> Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ohhh the holidays...
how we adore them!!

This year my family (Allegra) celebrated Thanksgiving on November 1st.
As my sister will be off to Hawaii, my brother works retail, and my lil' family will be on vacation,
my Mom did what all good Mom's do...
create an alternative day and excluded the guilt trips :)
She has taught us well that the Holiday is not about the day, it's about being together.
This year it was simple and focused on food & togetherness.
The table was covered in beautiful lace and adorned with fine china, but the centerpieces were understated and elegant.
Glasses of Mint Leaves & Green Apples.
Perfect and not an overwhelming task to complete!The family favorite in our house is the coconut-sweet potatoes.
Surreal how simple the recipe is!
I think one of my favorite Thanksgivings was the one where Emily's family all came over.
Full of laughter--mostly at my wildly inappropriate Uncle--and of course, good wine!
What are YOU doing this Thanksgiving?
What are YOUR favorite dishes?
How do YOU eat your food--blending bites together or each portion on it's own?

We are thankful for friendship, health, dreams, and love this year!

5 comments:

an encourager November 24, 2009 at 5:26 AM  

This Thanksgiving will be like all others - family, friends, feasting, fun! After stuffing ourselves like turkeys, we play Tripoly or Poison, long-standing games in our family, holiday or not. My favorite dishes are the turkey and stuffing and everything else. lol

LuLu November 24, 2009 at 6:43 AM  

It's just my little gang... hubby, me and our 4 kiddos home cooking, playing cozy for the day... we always open our home to other families who live far from family to come over in the evening for dessert and movie. Friends to us are our extended family.
xo,
LuLu

Meg November 24, 2009 at 7:44 AM  

Just me an my parents this year. The hubs has to work the day after and can't make the trip with me. I love the tablescape! I've got those same turkey plates :) Happy Thanksgiving to you. I love your blog!!

Meg
thevintageteacup.blogspot.com

Dandy November 24, 2009 at 9:48 AM  

Your food eating question is hilarious. When I was younger I ate my food in a a circle. One thing at a time. Now I like to get a perfect bit with all the flavors involved. The table was just gorgeous!

jamie November 24, 2009 at 6:11 PM  

well, since you asked...we are making pots of chili and crocks of turkey soup with plenty of corn bread and french bread...along with many traditional desserts. we decided to change it up a bit. making the cooking process easier for our 15+family and focus on the relationships and time with each other. thanksgiving is at my mom's and i did not want her in the kitchen all day long...so this is what we are doing this year. and i am sure we are going to be very ready for turkey and the trimmings next thanksgiving.
love your blog!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
COPYRIGHT INFO
All photos, products and designs on this blog are property of Frenchie & Flea {unless otherwise noted} and cannot be duplicated, manipulated, or sold for a profit. We do our very best to credit all vendors, photographers & sources we use. If you would like to feature images found here on your blog, please feel free to do so with a proper image credit to both Frenchie & Flea and the cited source {if applicable}. Thank you very much for stopping by! We hope you leave here inspired.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP