In My Beauty Bag...

>> Wednesday, June 24, 2009

If you know me then you KNOW I am not "into" beauty products.  I am as low maintenance as can be...I never really spend money on much other than getting my hair done and pedicures, and makeup is just not something I like to put effort into.  I get ready in 10 minutes....like wake up and out the door....LITERALLY.  But lately, with weddings on the horizon, my tune is starting to change.  Here are some things I have splurged on in the last couple of days, and let me tell you, WORTH IT!  I HAD to share.....seriously....I threw out my drugstore mascara and have had COMPLIMENTS on my skin after using these!
I'm a Bare Minerals girl for sure...I LOVE it because I hate that "make up" look.  I went to restock and tried their new Hydrating Mineral Veil.  It felt like velvet going onto your skin, and is water based so it leaves your skin refreshed and dewy and glowing!  Bought it! Love it! Get it here.

Ummm...I thought drugstore mascara did the trick.  Boy was I WRONG!  This Badgal Lash is FAB!  It plumps and thickens with the BIG brush and seriously makes your lashes look like an actress.  OBSESSED.  Never going back to $7 mascara again. NEVER.  Get it here.  

Oh my, OH MY, I am saving the BEST for last.  This stuff is MIRACULOUS!  No kidding if you're going to get ONE thing....get "That Gal" Brightening Face Primer by Benefit.  So I went to the Brow Bar and got my eyebrows waxed FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER (uh hello, amazingness, why I have been holding out on getting the brows done? I'm a believer....), and they gave me a little makeover before I left.  And aside from the mascara, this product impressed more than anything I have ever seen.  It smells good, feels good, and transforms your skin.  It seriously DIMINISHES pores like magic, gives your skin an even glow that is flawless...I mean this stuff is so good you can EASILY wear it alone and look great!  Loved it, never going without it again, and HAD TO TELL EVERYONE!  Get it here.

It's crazy how a little pampering and some new awesome products (that are SO worth the money) can make you feel beautiful.  I can't even tell you how important it is to my self esteem to spend a little time and effort on my beauty regimen once and awhile.  I was in a rut, and just a few little things really turned it around.  What are YOUR favorite products?  What do you just love in your beauty bag? 


8 comments:

more is jess June 24, 2009 at 10:09 AM  

Just in time...I was already planning a trip to Sephora for tomorrow!

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss June 24, 2009 at 10:35 AM  

I have the mineral veil--- but not the hydrating. Good to know.

I am pretty low maintenance when it comes to makeup/products, too... but I am going to add these other two to my list and try them out.

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss June 24, 2009 at 10:39 AM  

Okay, well I didn't answer your question. I think it's because I don't have any 'awesome' products. Which is sad. I love my bare minerals- I don't even know what it is called- loose foundation, maybe?? But I am going to try these other two and hopefully add them to my list!

Anonymous,  June 24, 2009 at 10:52 AM  

So ordering the mascara...I want movie star lashes!! And...I love the bare minerals...hey i get ready in 10 minutes too...might not be pretty, but i can't be bothered with all that makeup stuff! :)

koralee June 24, 2009 at 5:03 PM  

Now those look great....i love benefit ...the packaging is so darn cute...one thing i can't live without is my burt's bees lip shimmer in rhubarb!

LuLu June 25, 2009 at 6:51 PM  

That is my favorite mascara... i love it!!! Benefit is wonderful!!!
LuLu

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss June 29, 2009 at 10:59 AM  

I made a Sephora run and I'm loving the face primer. Thanks for the recommendation. They were out of the mascara... will have to go back!

Charlotte July 24, 2009 at 7:37 AM  

I am going to Belk today and will most likely be purchasing this for myself!! I am so excited!! Love your blog!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
COPYRIGHT INFO
All photos, products and designs on this blog are property of Frenchie & Flea {unless otherwise noted} and cannot be duplicated, manipulated, or sold for a profit. We do our very best to credit all vendors, photographers & sources we use. If you would like to feature images found here on your blog, please feel free to do so with a proper image credit to both Frenchie & Flea and the cited source {if applicable}. Thank you very much for stopping by! We hope you leave here inspired.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP