Oooh La La, Doilies & Lace!

>> Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I'm feeling inspired by lace and doilies and vintage appliques...I love the delicate patterns, and how lovely lace is layered with other materials! My great-grandmother used to hand crochet doily after doily...it's funny how back then I thought they were so "oldie" and now they make me swoon!


Here are a few of my faves: The dress below I chose from Anthropologie for my bridesmaids to wear in my wedding (it's even MORE adorable in person, and has pockets!); the table runner is a DIY project I found that I'm DYING to do with all my great-grandmother's doilies; the lumbar pillow is a FABULOUS creation from our friend Grace; a gorgeous fascinator by our friend LoBoheme; the vintage lace bunting is an ETSY find that I am in LOVE with; and the lace doily wrapped vase is a DIY project from Country Living Magazine!

With all this vintage doily love going around, Frenchie & Flea was determined to find a way to repurpose vintage lace and create an amazing one-of-a-kind occasion card with it! What do you think? It's made with a vintage french lace applique from
 the 1920's, guinea feathers, vintage linen ribbon and a yellow button! My favorite part about this card is that it's blank, so you can send it to someone special and they can in turn repurpose the front of the card as a gift tag, trim it down and make a magnet for the fridge, the list is endless! This is in our shop today!


5 comments:

Anonymous,  May 28, 2009 at 6:58 AM  

What do I think?? I think I LOVE it! oh yes ma'am I do...perfect for my girlfreinds and then I hope when they receive it, they frame it cause it just sooo cute! :)

Sa-Sea May 28, 2009 at 1:31 PM  

I AM DEF GOING TO GO BUY THAT AND FRAME IT!!!! OR HANG IT SOMEWHERE IN MY HOUSE WITH A NOTE FROM MYSELF ON IT. :)
LOVE IT!!

~Grace Happens~ May 28, 2009 at 6:42 PM  

Your bridesmaids dresses are to die! Love them. I can't wait to see pics from your wedding. You better share!!! hehe. And thanks so much for the shout out..you're awesome!

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss May 29, 2009 at 12:21 PM  

Okay. Fabulous bridesmaids dresses. Saw it in Anthro last week. And that same night I saw someone who had it on. LOVE IT. I am on a shopping hiatus but I may have to cheat and buy it for myself.

Thanks for your comment on my blog... SO glad to find yours. I adore it. And will be back, often!
xx- Brooke

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
COPYRIGHT INFO
All photos, products and designs on this blog are property of Frenchie & Flea {unless otherwise noted} and cannot be duplicated, manipulated, or sold for a profit. We do our very best to credit all vendors, photographers & sources we use. If you would like to feature images found here on your blog, please feel free to do so with a proper image credit to both Frenchie & Flea and the cited source {if applicable}. Thank you very much for stopping by! We hope you leave here inspired.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP