My Workspace: Before

>> Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ok, so I have taken on a BIG project...organizing a workspace in my home. Please don't judge me as I share with you this lovely before picture:



Yes. That WAS the area I stored all my craft, design, art, gift wrap, etc. supplies (and the spare toilet paper, and the recycling, ooooh, and where we sometimes hang our jeans to dry). The hus decided I would enjoy living in our home more if we actually took this nook by storm and really transformed it into an efficient and inspiring work space for me. THANK GOODNESS! So it's been a couple of months since the awful picture above was taken...and I have since collected some inspiration from Real Simple, Martha Stewart & Design Sponge...



I LOVE organized spaces. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I decided I wanted my work space to be both inspiring and colorful, yet clean and very, VERY organized. This would make it a productive, efficient and wonderful place to create.



I just love the giant chalkboard calendar above! It's useful, graphic, and inexpensive to create! I also am a HUGE fan of monochromatic (in color and style) containers to organize magazines, files, supplies, etc.



I especially like the creative bulletin board alternatives above. On the left, carpet squares give a totally fresh and textural finish to cork board squares. On the right, clipboards are covered in coordinating graphic papers. Both super easy and inexpensive ideas!



Since I live in the city, utilizing wall space will probably be a necessity. Above, I especially like the floor to ceiling shelving as both storage AND desk space. Smart space-saving technique (and proves you don't always need a giant, bulky desk!).

Stay tuned for more photos from my before & after creative space re-vamp!

{image sources: 1 & 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6, 7 & 8}

6 comments:

Dandy February 16, 2010 at 12:54 PM  

Oh fun! I can't wait to see what comes of it!

Grace February 16, 2010 at 1:14 PM  

i've been looking for a desk for a small space and really like the one that is in one of your inspiration pictures. it's the one with the chalkboard wall calendar. can you tell me where you got that picture? thanks and i can't wait to see what you come up with!

Padgett Hoke February 16, 2010 at 1:52 PM  

I am an organizing feen, so I can't wait to see the 'after' picture! excellent inspiration though, how fun!

Chantel February 16, 2010 at 2:57 PM  

Oh! I think the chalkboard calendar is by far my fave!

Tracy ~Seeking Refinement~ February 16, 2010 at 7:11 PM  

right there with you, Em! I'm going through my craft 'space' - and am just trying to make it look good at the same time as make it also function as a guest room........sigh.......but how fun is it looking at inspirational photos?!

xoxo

Anna @ IHOD February 16, 2010 at 7:47 PM  

I am all about organized work space....although my bedroom isn't as organized. need to work on that!
Look forward to seeing the after pics!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
COPYRIGHT INFO
All photos, products and designs on this blog are property of Frenchie & Flea {unless otherwise noted} and cannot be duplicated, manipulated, or sold for a profit. We do our very best to credit all vendors, photographers & sources we use. If you would like to feature images found here on your blog, please feel free to do so with a proper image credit to both Frenchie & Flea and the cited source {if applicable}. Thank you very much for stopping by! We hope you leave here inspired.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP