HH Day #10 -

>> Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Today we are featuring one of my (Emily) favorite ceramicists! She is local to the Bay Area (where I live), has totally unique style, and creates pieces that are BEYOND adorable!
I purchased her cupcake stand for my little sister, and it's the cutest thing EVER!

Introducing:


We think Whitney's creations would make PERFECT gifts for sisters, mothers and mothers-in-law, anyone who loves pottery, and baking enthusiasts (I mean, a cupcake stand is seriously the greatest gift idea ever.....)!

****

So, lets get to know Whitney!
1. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Closing the studio for 10 days and going to Palm Springs with my husband. My husband grew up in the desert, and I've developed a love for laying by the pool on Christmas Day. No snow needed. Ever.

{Bird Cupcake Stand with Scalloped Edge - $42.00}

2. Why is it important to you to support handmade?
Handmade goods are the most valuable items one can buy in our culture. The idiosyncratic and unique touch of the human hand gives handmade items a value beyond what they are bought for in terms of dollars. And, I like my job, and I think if I expect people to support me, I need to to support other handmade artists. Before I ever go to the store to buy stuff, I always see if I can buy it from an artist first, whether it be curtains for my house or a belt for my waist. Most of the time, I can.

3. What's your favorite shop item, and why would it be the perfect holiday gift?
I love for things to be functional and beautiful, as well as unusual. I could never say any one of my items are my favorite-- they are my children and I love them all equally-- but I think my ceramic dogwood flowers are an awesome holiday gift for people who love to put on a really beautifully set table. I like to mix in the ceramic dogwood flowers with real flower petals and little tea lights scattered around on my table. The contrast really pops the senses and is so lovely to look at.

{Dogwood Flower Dessert Plate - $34.00}

4. Three words that describe you/your shop & goods.
My etsy banner says it all: beautifully functional ceramics!

****

Whitney is offering ALL F&F readers $2.00 shipping on ANY item(s) you purchase from her shop!

Make sure to mention F&F's Handmade Holidays in your notes to seller at time of purchase!
So technically there is no single "winner" today...this shipping promotion is extended to all of our readers (which is kind of awesome, right?). Share some love with us and tell us what YOU are going to purchase from Whitney Smith Pottery, ok?!

8 comments:

Angela December 1, 2009 at 4:22 AM  

All of her pieces are beautiful but I especially love the cupcake stands and the nesting lotus bowls. Simply gorgeous! Thanks for another great introduction to an etsy seller.

an encourager December 1, 2009 at 7:22 AM  

You are absolutely right - BEYOND ADORABLE! That red sugar bowl and creamer set... Those are the sugarplums dancing in my head!

Whitney Smith December 1, 2009 at 7:52 AM  

Thank you for featuring me ladies, the post looks really great!

Whitney

Aimee December 1, 2009 at 8:17 AM  

These are great! Whitney, do you have a store or do you only sell through Etsy? I live in the Bay Area and would love to stop by your store if you have one.

Anonymous,  December 1, 2009 at 11:08 AM  

Those are the cutest bird/cupcake holders and bird vases! The glazes are beautiful. And $ off of shipping is very generous! We ALL win!

Free Art Printables December 1, 2009 at 7:16 PM  

Thanks for sharing! Her stuff is gorgeous!!!

Dandy December 2, 2009 at 12:35 PM  

OMG I sooooo love this shop!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
COPYRIGHT INFO
All photos, products and designs on this blog are property of Frenchie & Flea {unless otherwise noted} and cannot be duplicated, manipulated, or sold for a profit. We do our very best to credit all vendors, photographers & sources we use. If you would like to feature images found here on your blog, please feel free to do so with a proper image credit to both Frenchie & Flea and the cited source {if applicable}. Thank you very much for stopping by! We hope you leave here inspired.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP