HH Day #2 - Sa-Sea Boutique

>> Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Welcome to Day #2 of HH!
We are committed to a handmade and vintage holiday season, avoiding box stores and massed produced goods, and shopping with some of our favorite Etsy friends.
We encourage our readers to join us this holiday season...Happy Gifting
!

Katie is an amazing mom of two adorable kiddos!
She's not only too cute herself, she's talented!
Katie uses her hands to make some great pillows that can make anyone smile!
She has great deals, unique designs, and is worth supporting this Christmas.
Buying from Katie means she gets to keep doing one of the toughest jobs in the world: a stay at home mom!

Lets get to know Katie, shall we?
1. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
WE GIVE OUT ADVENT GIFTS DAILY!!! (GIRLS ONE DAY AND BOYS THE NEXT...SO YOU OPEN UP 12 GIFTS EACH) FOR THE 24 DAYS IN DECEMBER LEADING UP TO CHRISTMAS. IT IS SOOO FUN! WE TRADE GIFTS BETWEEN MY SISTER AND HER FAMILY, MY PARENTS, AND OUR FAMILY. (WE GIVE OUT 4 SMALL GIFTS PER PERSON) IT IS FUN LITTLE GIFTS THAT ARE CHRISTMAS THEMED SO THAT YOU CAN TRUELY ENJOY THE LITTLE CHRISTMAS CANDY, DECORATIONS, SOCKS, AND OTHER GOODIES BEFORE CHRISTMAS COMES. IT IS ALWAYS SOOOO SAD TO ME TO RECEIVE A GIFT ON CHISTMAS DAY THAT IS A CHRISTMAS DECORATION........AND I HAVE TO WAIT AN ENTIRE YEAR TO DISPLAY IT. THIS IS A GREAT SOLUTION AND YOU CAN SHOP ALL YEAR LONG!

2. Why is it important to you to support handmade?
MY ENTIRE INCOME IS BASED ON PEOPLE LOVING HANDMADE ITEMS. I ALWAYS TRY TO GET MY GIFTS OFF OF ETSY OR LOCAL CRAFT SHOWS KNOWING THAT IT IS SUPPORTING OTHER PEOPLE JUST LIKE ME. I THINK IT IS ALSO SOOO GREAT TO GIVE A GIFT THAT SOMEONE HASN'T SEEN BEFORE OR THAT THEY DON'T ALREADY HAVE, AND YOU GET THIS SECURITY WHEN YOU GIVE HANDMADE!

3. What's your favorite shop item, and why would it be the perfect holiday gift?
I LOVE TO GIVE PERSONALIZED GIFTS. I USUALLY DO A GROUPING OF ITEMS TO MAKE UP A "GIFT BASKET" AND IT GENERALLY HAS SOMETHING THAT IS PERSONALIZED IN IT. (LIKE AN INITIAL...PICTURES OF OUR FAMILY OR PICTURES OF MOMENTS WE HAVE SHARED, OR THEIR FAVORITE LITTLE CANDY...JUST SOMETHING I KNOW THEY LOVE BECAUSE I HAVE TAKEN THE TIME TO LISTEN) BUT MY ALL TIME FAVORITE ITEM TO GIVE WOULD HAVE TO BE PICTURES!

4. Three words that describe you/your shop & goods.
COZY, SIMPLE, STYLISH

Katie's Giving Away:
$30.00 Credit to her store with Free Shipping!


REMEMBER THE RULES!!
1. Visit today's feature shop & tell us what your favorite item is!
You must leave a comment TODAY + be a follower to win!
Winner will be drawn TONIGHT at 6pm PST and announced this evening!
we won't be bummed if you wanted to twitter/facebook/or blog this shop though ;)


45 comments:

Kristy November 10, 2009 at 4:05 AM  

ooh I LOVE the Paris Hotel pillowcase! I would give it to my mom-- her style is very vintage chic!

Roberta November 10, 2009 at 4:34 AM  

What a great shop...love the idea of these being pillow cases for easy cleaning and holiday/seasonal decorating. My favorite is the Black Tea Stained Bird w'Chandalier Listing # 30966374.
http://con-tain-it.typepad.com

Unknown November 10, 2009 at 4:45 AM  

Sweet Shop! again, hard to choose just one, but i think i love the coral pillow!

LeAnna November 10, 2009 at 5:15 AM  

Awesome designs, but I like the tea stained bird chandelier best. :) flowers7886 at yahoo dot com

Angela November 10, 2009 at 5:27 AM  

Great shop! I like the tea stained chandelier the best but they are all beautiful.

Nicole-Lynn November 10, 2009 at 5:43 AM  

I adore the Coral Shabby Chic pillow!

Alison November 10, 2009 at 6:08 AM  

I too really like the bird chandelier pillow.

tHaRp November 10, 2009 at 6:47 AM  

I love love love the paris pillows. I don't know if I can choose between the two. Such a great shop.

myflsun November 10, 2009 at 7:13 AM  

Those pillows are lovely! I especially like the chandelier. There's just something about chandeliers....and of course, that pink is divine!

Kathy

Martha November 10, 2009 at 7:39 AM  

Hmmm....so much to love...I love the ruffle pillows for my girls! They are sooo cute!

mia November 10, 2009 at 7:47 AM  

they are all lovely, but my fave is the bird chandelier!

elle November 10, 2009 at 7:58 AM  

oh how I love Katie's pillows!! I love that her pillows can add personality to any piece of furniture. Love the coral and queen bee pillows!

Anonymous,  November 10, 2009 at 8:08 AM  

Love Katie! and you are right she is to cute! I always always stop at pillows with ruffles it is like eating fake cheddar cheese baked ruffles (get it) for me, I can't stop...have to have more!! What a wonderful giveaway! xoxo

Aimee November 10, 2009 at 8:17 AM  

Love the Tea Stained Bird Chandelier.

Keke November 10, 2009 at 8:19 AM  

OMG..Loved everything but bought two crown pillow cases and a chandelier pillow case, I wanted one of everything! Thanks for sharing and what an awesome idea for this holiday season (or anytime really) to promote handmade! I was able to be a stay at home mom to raise my two children for 20 years by selling handmade, so I'm thrilled to pay it forward and help other moms do the same! By the way, my kids are fabulous humans and I think it was a direct result of me being a stay at home mom. Now the kids are raised and I've started my second life as a career woman and if I had my choice I would rather be a stay at home mom! Infinately more work but so much love and so much more rewarding, never regreted it was the best thing I ever did and by far hands down the most favorite time of my life! Stay at home moms rock and so does Frenchie and flea! You go girls!
Thanks for sharing!
XO Keke

Ashley November 10, 2009 at 8:30 AM  

I love her holiday tradition - such a great idea! My favorite item is the Queen bee pillow case. I also really like the pink crown on blue pillow case. Thanks for sharing this cute shop =D

Wendy November 10, 2009 at 8:34 AM  

Oh~ I love the Paris address pillow, and the ruffle shabby chic pillow.

I follow on bloglines.

Dandy November 10, 2009 at 8:37 AM  

I really love the Halloween pillows!!

Miranda November 10, 2009 at 8:44 AM  

I have long adored the white ruffle pillow case and the royal ruffle pillow case- and I STILL don't know which is my fave. I guess that means I need both!

Whitney November 10, 2009 at 8:47 AM  

LOVE the paris pillow and the ruffle pillow. SO cute!!! (whitney.janisch@gmail.com)

Cathi November 10, 2009 at 9:02 AM  

Love the Paris Hotel Pillowcases, just beautiful!

Anonymous,  November 10, 2009 at 9:59 AM  

I follow and love the tea stained bird chandelier! thanks so much!

Anonymous,  November 10, 2009 at 9:59 AM  

My FAV is the tea stained bird chandilier pillow...

Jennifer Lynn November 10, 2009 at 10:13 AM  

I am loving the gold seahorse shabby chic pillow. Pottery Barn makes a very similar pillow case, but the Sa-Sea version has a cleaner look an is a whole lot more affordable. It would be perfect in my guest room, which I am trying to give a "beach" theme to.

Cassie November 10, 2009 at 10:30 AM  

Another fab giveaway guys - I am in love with any of the crown pillows - but they are all absolutely beautiful. Wow!
xx

Monica November 10, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

I like the Ruffles and Pom-Pom frills Katie adds to her collection. Very girly =)

Unknown November 10, 2009 at 10:53 AM  

I really like the Bird Chandelier and Bird Cage Pillow Case Gift Set! Would go great with my new bedroom set!

beachy keen girl November 10, 2009 at 11:12 AM  

Yea for homemade items :) If I had to choose it would be the Gold Sea Horse Shabby Chic Pillow Case.

Britton November 10, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

I'd go for the Queen Bee pillow! Cute, cute, cute!!! :)

Tracy ~Seeking Refinement~ November 10, 2009 at 12:07 PM  

love Katie. She knows it. You girls know it. What an amazing opportunity to give a gift from her to one of my loved ones!

SOOOOOO exciting! Pick me, pick me!! ;)

xoxo

Anonymous,  November 10, 2009 at 12:13 PM  

I have browsed this shop quite a few times. The shopping spree would probably push me over the edge and I would want to buy so many things! Anyway, my current favorite (if I HAVE to choose just ONE) is the Bird Chandelier and Bird Cage Pillow Case Gift Set. I don't think there could be anything more perfect for my office. :o)

Free Art Printables November 10, 2009 at 12:14 PM  

Those are totally lovely! Love the ruffle pillow!

The Loughran's November 10, 2009 at 12:17 PM  

I love the white ruffle pillow... so adorable!

Anonymous,  November 10, 2009 at 12:24 PM  

Sooo lovely. The bird chandelier and birdcage pillowcase is my fave

The Fancy Lady November 10, 2009 at 12:26 PM  

i like the
Black Tea Stained Bird Chandalier Shabby Chic Pillow Case

Gracie73 November 10, 2009 at 1:08 PM  

I am totally in love with the Coral Shabby Chic Pillow!!

Vanessa November 10, 2009 at 1:40 PM  

Loving the Pink Hibiscus shabby Chic Pillow Case! My daughter would love that!

JollyJennifer November 10, 2009 at 2:19 PM  

I love the princess looking crown pillows (would be great for my nieces) and also the halloween ones-they're a cute little way to get festive!
This is a great blog-just started following. I might be interested in participating in a giveaway if you're in need ;) Please stop by! http://jollyjennifer.etsy.com and http://jollyjennifersetsyblog.blogspot.com

Mary (Mary's Musicology) November 10, 2009 at 3:08 PM  

Love the vintage Paris Hotel pillow case since my living room decor is vintage Paris!

Alisa D November 10, 2009 at 3:18 PM  

Love them all! I really like the queen bee one though!

Clare November 10, 2009 at 3:22 PM  

My 3 year old son has just chosen the chandalier on black. Although I like the spider one. Just goes to show who's more grown up around here.

laurie November 10, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

I love the ruffles on the pillows...you do amazing work....Laurie Baker

Anonymous,  November 10, 2009 at 5:35 PM  

The queen bee Shabby Chic pillow has got to be my favorite- I became a beekeeper this summer and love all things bees!

blessings
mary

The Pavliches November 10, 2009 at 5:36 PM  

loving the christmas music, loving the chandelier pillow...Laura Pavlich

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
COPYRIGHT INFO
All photos, products and designs on this blog are property of Frenchie & Flea {unless otherwise noted} and cannot be duplicated, manipulated, or sold for a profit. We do our very best to credit all vendors, photographers & sources we use. If you would like to feature images found here on your blog, please feel free to do so with a proper image credit to both Frenchie & Flea and the cited source {if applicable}. Thank you very much for stopping by! We hope you leave here inspired.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP