Be A Hostess!

>> Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I love having events to attend and fun plans to look forward to.
Until recently I was the one that had to be invited and wasn't doing the inviting.
What changed for me?
Investing in the fun stuff to serve and host a party with.

It made a decision with the husband to invest $100 dollars in entertaining goods and at Crate & Barrel you can make that stretch!
I was able to buy 6 Red Wine Glasses
12 Square Appetizer Plates
1 Large Serving Platter
1 Small Serving Platter
Cheese Cutting Tools
Chip & Dip Platter
&
3 Pedestool Bowls for small treats
After I invested in the key pieces, I focused on the decorations.
I have found all of my milk glass pieces from thrift stores and flea markets.
(It's my favorite collection!)
This "Farewell Summer, Hello Fall" event Cost $30 in food & wine from Trader Joe's.
I bypassed expensive flowers and utilized edible goods for color and height.
I went to Home Depot and bought two half flats of flowers to pot (a total of $5 with tax)
because with me, all flowers die anyway
The table cloth was a Ross purchase and only $10.
Another option you can utilize?
Twin Size Sheets from the clearance isle at Marshall's or TJ Maxx or Home Goods...you get the idea
The point is...
start being the person who INVITES and coordinates.
If you're worried about budget, be creative!
Tell your friends admittance requires 1 bottle of wine and a food that pairs with it
(It's what I did!)
This little evening was just what I needed and it was FUN to do!
What are you wanting to plan but have been waiting to do?!
We dare you to do it!
It would be great!

6 comments:

The Fancy Lady September 9, 2009 at 3:58 PM  

these are great tips im gunna steal the sheets one for my birthday garden party since im on a budjet

Unknown September 9, 2009 at 6:21 PM  

yeah, I live in a 900 square foot apartment. Creative financing is the least of my issues.

Carol September 10, 2009 at 10:51 AM  

really cute table setting

Kasey September 11, 2009 at 7:11 AM  

everything looks wonderful

Sidney September 13, 2009 at 6:11 PM  

love the table setting! its definitely more fun to throw a party when you have great serving pieces!

Mande September 14, 2009 at 2:55 AM  

Thanks so much for the tips and ideas. This is the motivation I needed to host a little get together.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
COPYRIGHT INFO
All photos, products and designs on this blog are property of Frenchie & Flea {unless otherwise noted} and cannot be duplicated, manipulated, or sold for a profit. We do our very best to credit all vendors, photographers & sources we use. If you would like to feature images found here on your blog, please feel free to do so with a proper image credit to both Frenchie & Flea and the cited source {if applicable}. Thank you very much for stopping by! We hope you leave here inspired.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP