City Mouse

>> Monday, July 13, 2009

Did any of you ever read City Mouse-Country Mouse as a kid (or to your own kids)? Well my grandma used to read it to me ALL the time...it was one of my favorite children's books. I feel like I can still relate to that story of the city mouse visiting his cousin in the country and the dichotomy of living in a bustling city versus the relaxed quaint countryside.

{image from Amazon.com}

I grew up in smaller towns, went to college in a small town, and dreamed of living in a city "when I grew up." I had a brief stint in NYC (TOO much city for me) and have happily settled in San Francisco. But I constantly go back and forth on where I want to end up: the city or the country? Last weekend was definitely a city-love weekend, the kind where I picture myself here forever. This was mostly because we went to an AWESOME open house in Potrero Hill where we looked at a modern and architctural dream home (ahem, WAY out of our price range, obviously) that made me swoon! Here are a few pics I snapped, but the property website has a full gallery of eye candy...so check it out here (seriously the website has way better pictures than mine).

The home office overlooking the AMAZING indoor/outdoor living space.

The gorgeously landscaped garden filled with succulents and eco-friendly plants.

The master bedroom with a downtown SF view, private deck, HUGE dressing room, built-in modern bed and amazing master bathroom.

Outdoor living space which opens up into the...

indoor living room space to make one hugely awesome area for entertaining rain or shine!

The upper deck off of the kitchen/dining area.

Seeing a house like that in a hip neighborhood made me fantasize about city-living for good. But it only takes one cute bungalow on a tree-lined street in Sacramento for a fraction of the cost to make me dream about backyards and BBQ's in the burbs. Oh which mouse am I supposed to be? The city mouse? Or the country mouse?

1 comments:

Nicole Monique July 14, 2009 at 9:29 PM  

I'm with you girlie! I love the convenience of being able to walk everywhere in the city but my bestie just bought a house in east sacramento and I am in love with her new cute home!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
COPYRIGHT INFO
All photos, products and designs on this blog are property of Frenchie & Flea {unless otherwise noted} and cannot be duplicated, manipulated, or sold for a profit. We do our very best to credit all vendors, photographers & sources we use. If you would like to feature images found here on your blog, please feel free to do so with a proper image credit to both Frenchie & Flea and the cited source {if applicable}. Thank you very much for stopping by! We hope you leave here inspired.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP