The Love Note

>> Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Do you remember the high you'd get when your crush would pass you a love note between English and Chemistry? Why should that feeling stay locked in a time that we can never go back to and most likely stuck with people that aren't a part of our present? Love notes belong in TODAY!

I remember when my husband and I first started dating. We had only been together for a couple of weeks when he had to leave for a family reunion in Oklahoma--during my birthday! To say I was sad to see him go doesn't explain it. I acted like he wasn't coming back. Our love notes started here. We prepared packages for each other so when we were apart, we had reminders that someone "really, really liked" us wherever we were. One of the things I did was write him a note and put it in an envelope each day he was gone. I numbered the envelopes, sprayed them with my perfume, and sent them away with him.

I believe that love notes have an important part in our every day life. They are encouragement, they are revival, they are a breath of fresh air when life feels claustrophobic. When my husband leaves a note in dry erase marker on our bathroom mirror, I have a smile all day long. Just a "Have a wonderful day," means he was thinking of me.

Do love notes intimidate you?
Here are some ideas of quick ways to tell your true love they still make your heart melt:
-Find some quotes about love that you appreciate and put them on an index card. Write one down and sign it with an xoxo .
-Do a love note series. Write down 7 things that you love about your sweetheart and give them one note every day.
-Buy a pack of "You + Me" cards and challenge yourself to mail a love note once a week to your sweetheart's office.
-Stick Post It notes in little places that will surprise your loved one--on the car, in a lunch, in a briefcase, in a shoe.
-Send secret,seductive, or fun messages with the Blank+Blank cards. Keep the intimacy alive!

It doesn't have to be fancy, it just has to be from you. So...

Have you written a love note lately?

2 comments:

Anonymous,  May 14, 2009 at 11:10 AM  

I love this post, cause yes I so need to start writing love notes, I do...and thanks to you I am going to start! :) XO

Sue May 18, 2009 at 6:19 AM  

Hi- came over via Tara this morning. I love this idea in your post!!! The first note will get written when I get home tomorrow morning. Welcome to blogland. I am fairly new, too. Sue

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
COPYRIGHT INFO
All photos, products and designs on this blog are property of Frenchie & Flea {unless otherwise noted} and cannot be duplicated, manipulated, or sold for a profit. We do our very best to credit all vendors, photographers & sources we use. If you would like to feature images found here on your blog, please feel free to do so with a proper image credit to both Frenchie & Flea and the cited source {if applicable}. Thank you very much for stopping by! We hope you leave here inspired.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP